Training PackagesPositive behaviour Support
Duration: 1 Full Day
Delivery: In-Person (dependant on location) or virtually via Zoom
Our Positive Behaviour Support Training can be delivered in person or virtually (over Teams or Zoom), and is designed to provide people with a better understanding of why behaviours occur, and how they can prevent behaviours that challenge, as well as respond to behaviours in a way that reduces risk and reduces behavioural incidents over time.
Who is it for?
- Care staff working in residential, supported living, or domiciliary care settings
- Managers and Directors of Care Organisations
- Families of individuals with complex behavioural needs
- School teachers, teaching assistants, and support staff
What does it cover?
- Identify the four main reasons behaviours occur (behavioural functions) and how to identify them
- The foundations of Positive Behaviour Support
- How to Prevent and Proactively support behaviour
- How to identify signs that an individual may be escalating, and how to respond to prevent this
- Responding to Behaviours of Concern in a way that reduces the risk of crisis and in a positive way
- What to do after an incident has occurred
- What goes into a PBS plan
- Tips for recording incidents and the importance of doing so
Based in THUNDER BAY, ON, CANADA
Practising Locally In-Person and Worldwide Remotely